Thursday, March 13, 2008

Broken promises

You know what annoy me? That people cannot keep their appointment. I know it's a classical AS-trait to be irritated, annoyed, furious even, but that doesn't really do me any good when I having these feelings.

I just wish people would start realizing that there's someone else beside them in this world and when you do know that someone has AS, please consider this as you make and break appointments.

I'm not trying to say that you always have to keep the aspies in your life happy, but something as basic as keeping appointments unless something drastic happens is a small thing for you, but a great one for us. I know I have a weekly planner and I know how much I hate it when my carefully planned (and written) to do/appointment-lists are disturbed.

Just had to let off some steam.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it breaking the appointment at all or not informing you in advance that's the problem?

I always hate it when people wait till the last minute to inform that they'll be late or are not going to make the appointment. Especially so if it's obvious that the knew for some time that they would not make it.

Margrethe said...

Both. To certain extents. I can understand that unforeseen situations can occur, but to be "a bit tired" does not warrant a cancellation of a study group that is very necesarry for us to be able to finish the paper.

my daroga said...

I understand that it might be more annoying for you, or more difficult to deal with, but this should be a matter of common courtesy and it's natural for anyone to be annoyed.

That's not directed at you, of course. I'm just saying that people should be decent no matter who they're dealing with.