Saturday, March 8, 2008

Thet extra little second

It's peculiar how much I've grown accustomed to the AS. Whenever I've read the symptoms and how aspies, in social situations and such, takes a second or so to respond (and therefore may have problems with conversations), I haven't been sure if I do that. Same with the symptom of having to have things "spelled out". But, yesterday I "caught" my brain in doing that logical deduction as to "what I was to understand". It was just a split second where I didn't know what the other person wanted of me until she made a comment that made me able of deducting my way to the answer and behave appropriately.

It's not something I've been aware of before figuring out the AS, but as with so may others who are diagnosed when they are adults, I've started self-analyzing, maybe a bit excessively. Either way, it's the first time I've been aware of how my brain process verbal commands where some information is missing.

No comments: